“Marketing is too overwhelming!” said all tech startups ever. And who can blame them? Aside from the world of tech startups being a highly competitive space, it also feels most of the time that you’ll need to learn so many things in such a short period of time to promote your brand. In addition, there’s also a temptation to stop experimenting and give in to doing traditional marketing. Let’s discuss marketing tech startups this time!
In order to help you grow your company and kick start its promotions, here is an article that covers all the essential things you need to know to promote your tech startup. Good luck!
Did you know that the first thing you need to do before marketing is not to think about marketing?
“Huh? What? Isn’t that ironic?”
This is the right thing to do because before you even begin building an audience and creating awareness for your brand, you first need to have a clear grasp of why your brand is unique, how it’s going to solve problems, how it adds value to people’s lives, and what people would miss out on if they snub your brand or product.\
Done with that? Let us begin!
What is digital marketing? All strategies executed digitally fall under digital marketing. Tech startups deal with tech products and services, and these are intertwined with the digital world.
In order to help you maximize your efforts in digital marketing, here are some tips to get you started:
- Always put yourself in your customer’s shoes. Understand their needs, wants, and where they spend most of their time.
- Aim to inform. Do not turn off possible customers by boasting about your products and services and why you’re on top of the industry. Look into content and posts that are doing well and incorporate that into your brand’s marketing strategy.
- Create long term plans. While it’s tempting to focus on your brand’s gains for today, always aim to create a solid digital footprint. Adopt customer-centric approaches instead of those that give momentary spikes in impressions and engagements.
- Do not ignore SEO. Search engine optimization is the key to having digital marketing success. Always use relevant keywords across your content, posts, product descriptions… basically, everywhere!
- Always look at your data. By now, you should have already grasped the importance of data. Invest in good analytics tools to track your brand’s performance and stick to your key metrics to measure your success.
Social Media Marketing
While social media is a powerful networking platform, it has also become a powerful marketing tool on which different brands from different industries depend to expand their reach. And because it is such a huge platform, coming up with your brand’s social media marketing strategy may be overwhelming. How and where to start? Allow us to offer you some insight:
- Determine the platform that fits your brand. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Pinterest, and LinkedIn all have unique things to offer. You have to identify which one suits your brand best. Where does your target audience spend most of their time? Take that into consideration when coming up with a strategy.
- Identify the best time/s to post. This also falls under understanding your audience. You have to identify where they spend most of their time and what time most of them are active (Is it during the day or during night time, before going to sleep?). Doing this will give you the best marketing results for your campaigns.
- Study your keywords. The keywords you’ve identified earlier? These will come in handy when you’re coming up with hashtags and captions for your social media posts.
- Collaborate with social media influencers. One of the most effective marketing strategies is partnering with social media influencers who are fit for your brand. It is a great start to create awareness and interest in your products and services on social media. Because these influencers already built a target audience similar to yours, it just makes sense to piggyback on their brand value.
Ignored your emails and email address book? This is probably not a good thing to do, especially in the world of tech startups, because email marketing still dominates the industry’s marketing strategy.
The process of sending emails to your audience that are your brand’s potential customers fall under email marketing. This provides a reliable form of communication between you and your target audience and a way for you to form personal connections with them.
To kickstart this, research which email marketing tool is best for your brand. And while it does take time to master this marketing strategy, make sure that you keep generating interesting, engaging, and personalized content for your potential customers using this strategy.
We have covered the basic marketing strategies that tech startups employ. Now the next question is: what do we do now?
Your next step now is creating your brand’s high-quality content. And no, it’s not just about the number of posts about your brand that you should be concerned with. Here are some dos that you can use to trigger the flow of your creative juice:
- Do create a topic list.
Based on your keywords, come up with a list of topics that are both relevant and trending. After this, you can create secondary keywords that revolve around your core keywords to come up with topics you can use as post titles or headings, and even captions.
- Do determine a type of content you can offer your potential customers.
Should you offer eBooks or guides, webinars, newsletters, or videos? Each of these types of content gives you an overview of how your target audience looks. In exchange for their names and emails, you will also get a feel of engaging and interacting with them.
- Do collaborate with reputable bloggers or brands.
Partnerships and collaborations with popular brands and bloggers play big roles in tech startup marketing. Not only does it create awareness for your brand, but it also builds up your reputation as a creator and as a brand. Scout your address books for those you can begin collaborating with and offer something that will benefit you both to get the ball rolling.
Help, I’m Overwhelmed!
We know how you feel! It can be overwhelming and challenging when you’re just starting, especially if you’re running on limited manpower. But do not give up! We encourage you to start with low cost and creative marketing strategies that will slowly but surely build up your brand. Feel free to message us anytime. Annette & Co. will be more than happy to give you FREE expert advice on your business concerns! Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel as well!